
For the past year (or more) we've been working on putting together a mission reunion for my parents. My father was a Mission President for the Mormon church and it's now been 25 years since our family has lived/served in Richmond, Canada, British Columbia.
Although this was literally a LABOR of love let me share the latter.....we have approximately 398 missionaries and all we had was their original home address of their parents from 25 years ago. Suffice it to say I've honed my skills as an investigator but the person who outshined me, for sure, is my sister-in-law Kelly (who happened to serve a mission for my parents). After my initial first round searches she got the list and would hand me 2-3 people a day (at least) whom she found.
So the event is October 3rd in Salt Lake City, UT and I'm proud to say we have an initial RSVP list of at least 200 people (don't have me go on about mormons and rsvps!) So, catering / programs / photos / nametags and everything else aside I'm really excited for the event and even more excited after the event has finished.
Although this was literally a LABOR of love let me share the latter.....we have approximately 398 missionaries and all we had was their original home address of their parents from 25 years ago. Suffice it to say I've honed my skills as an investigator but the person who outshined me, for sure, is my sister-in-law Kelly (who happened to serve a mission for my parents). After my initial first round searches she got the list and would hand me 2-3 people a day (at least) whom she found.
So the event is October 3rd in Salt Lake City, UT and I'm proud to say we have an initial RSVP list of at least 200 people (don't have me go on about mormons and rsvps!) So, catering / programs / photos / nametags and everything else aside I'm really excited for the event and even more excited after the event has finished.
2 comments:
You know more than that will show! Those darn Mormons!
Wow, woman of many talents (event coordinator, navajo taco maker, pei wei orderer, etc.) you haven't ceased to amaze me yet. Now let me hear that singing voice!! (Finger point).
Post a Comment